I originally started my blog to support my Interactive Dinner Party business. Basically I appear at the hostess's house with recipe booklets for each guest, food and assorted kitchen flotsam. I divide all the guests into teams and each prepares a different course. While they drink wine and cook I watch over everyone like a mother hen. I demo knife skills, roll out pastry, or just tell stories about cooking adventures. At the end we all sit down, eat, drink more wine and talk until the wee hours.Blogging has introduced me to many new skills. Writing, photography and cooking are all now interactive activities in my life. I drive my kids and friends crazy snapping pics of them eating, talking and cooking. I record our lives so that we are able to revisit events. My daughter's A 17 Layer Cake Fit for a Princess is still my favorite blog. And the pic of her behind the cake can still make me tear up.
Inevitably someone would decide to recreate a dish from the menu, having misplaced the recipe they would ask me for a copy. After e-mailing countless recipes a friend suggested I put them all on a website. What started out as Pamela Dockery Food ended up as The Gypsy Chef and I am happier than I've ever been sharing cooking ideas, disasters, and adventures.
I have others I haven't even published yet, as I am sure you do also. But rest assured they will appear all in good time.I have favorite blogs I follow, looking though a window into the author's lives. I have visited some of the most beautiful places, eaten the most delicious food and met so many interesting people and all on your blogs. My life has been enriched by my experiences of the past year and a half.
That said, one of my favorite blogs nominated me for the Honest Scrap Award. Thank you Kate at Serendipity!
There are rules to receiving this award;
- Post the award on your blog. Present this award to seven others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
- Tell those seven people they’ve been awarded HONEST SCRAP, inform them of these guidelines, and ask that they link back to you.
- Share “Ten Honest Things” about yourself.
Estelle in New York City
The Healthy Plate
Once in a Blue Moon
La Table de Nana
Now for 10 things about myself;
1. I am always busy. I take on more than I can possibly do, then I scurry around until I complete it.
2. I love being a flight attendant, because I enjoy being on the go and have unabated wander lust. So no matter how bad the job becomes, I will continue to fly. Period the end.
3. I adore a french pedicure, but am too lazy to do it myself. So I indulge at the nail salon every chance I get.
4. I study French rabidly than I get side tracked and have to begin again. This is a repeated behavior for me.
5. I have a MacBook, It's one of the best investments I ever made.
6. I am back in school finishing my BA.
7. I attended the Culinary Institute of America when there were only 4-6 women in every class of 60 men.
8. Every Christmas I make a gingerbread house with my kids. We've made castles, thatched roof cottages, half timbered houses and a haunted house.
9. I'm an avid knitter.
10. Last but not least, I have about over 200 cookbooks. I guess you could say I've never met a cookbook I didn't need!
I am the luckiest woman in the world.
So tag, your it!
All text and pictures are sole property of The Gypsy Chef