Saturday, November 7, 2009

Cumin Scented Yogurt Dip

My son came home from school famished. Having eaten at Niko's Greek Taverna, he wanted a "Greek Treat". I pulled the Plain Fage Greek yogurt out of the frig, add some cumin, fresh garlic, a bit of diced cucumber, salt and pepper. Stirred it up and served it with Toasted wholewheat pita wedges. He loved it. Quick, easy and delicious, it was the perfect afternoon snack. The child purposely ignored me while I snapped his pic!
Because I was serving the dip immediately, I did not drain the cucumber. If you would like to make this in advance, dice the cucumber, place in a strainer and sprinkle with sea salt. Allow to drain for 30 minutes. Pat dry and then proceed with the recipe. Removing the excess liquid will ensure your dip remains thick and doesn't become watered down by the cucumber.

Cumin Scented Yogurt Dip

1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons chopped, peeled and seeded cucumber
1 garlic clove put through a garlic press

2 pieces of pita bread, toasted and cut into wedges

Stir the yogurt, cumin, garlic and cucumber together, serve immediately.

Download recipe pdf

All test and photos (regardless of how bad) are property of The Gypsy Chef

1 comment:

  1. This is like a raita! It sounds great and easy. I will give this a try.

    ReplyDelete